Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sometimes the Universe gives you a photo-op

I was en route to Manila from Bali via Jakarta late Friday night. Rushed to the baggage carousel as I had to grab my gear and go so I would make it to the next free shuttle service between the domestic and international terminals.

Got to the carousel and saw this:

It was perfect. I couldn't have ordered a better photo-op. Empty terminal, not a single bag in sight and a lone traveler in the backpacker porma of cargo pants-white shirt-and-tsinelas sitting slumped on his trolley. Grabbed my iPhone and took a snap before the rest of our flight arrived.

Every traveler knows what this man is feeling. Sitting there, tired, possibly sleepy... waiting for the checked in bags to come out so you can continue on your journey. Whether it's a trip back home or to your next destination... the wait for the bags is universal.

Thank you Universe for this moment.

And now back to your regular programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment